October 1, 2014

Put That Middle Finger Down!

Haha! 
I thought the mention of a middle finger 
would get your attention!  We're always looking for a good "shooting the bird" story but that's not really what this is. Stay with me.


If you are able to read this, that means you're alive and it's already a good day for the most part. Right?! I'm excited about everything for no particular reason. I feel grateful and aware of what life has to offer!

I'm challenging YOU to do the same! Don't you dare stick that middle finger up at me! Yes, it's still early in the day but I want to get your attention before the hustle of the world completely takes over. As parents, employers/employees, etc, we are always busting our butts to "do" for someone else. Today, however, is all about YOU! 


Wherever you are, take the time to whisper a word of "thanks" for your life (no matter how insane it is). Treat yourself to a good, healthy meal. TASTE & CHEW your food instead of inhaling it! Put on clothing that makes you feel comfortable but confident in your own skin. Now grab that "smell good" oil, lotion, perfume, or cologne. Ahhh. Doesn't it feel wonderful? Don't forget the deodorant. Nothing like a whiff of bad underarm odor to kick you out of Utopia!

Go outside and really look at the beauty of nature. I'll bet that all you usually notice is the number of state troopers you're dodging as you speed your way to work! Or, the people who "can't drive" and are clearly in your way! I haven't always been a SAHM. I know the road rage battle all too well! But when you pay attention, you see that trees, plants, clouds, the sun, animals, and the like, really. do. exist. You may even hear birds chirping. 

For all you grumpies out there, put the guns down! The birds are suppose to do that!         Who knew?!                         

Note to self: Wake up & pay attention! Slow down. Breathe.



In all seriousness, be good to yourself today! Allow yourself to smile. When you feel the need to yell at someone, especially those cubs, make a different choice instead. Don't worry, that's a hard one for me too. I know I'm pushing my luck here!

If you can't get outside to do anything, take a minute to breathe deeply. It can be quite relaxing. For those of you with a bit more flexibility, read a book, take a nap, meditate (if you can stay awake). Meditation puts my sleep-deprived booty in a coma! Shave your entire leg ladies instead of just the bottom half! LOL! Clip a nail or two guys. I'm sure a girl somewhere will appreciate it! 

Whatever you choose to do, remember to live in that moment! Don't allow your mind to wander off to plans for next week or to the dinner you're making for tomorrow. And by all means, when someone says "Have a good day!", return the gesture. KEEP THOSE MIDDLE FINGERS DOWN!!! 

I know you can do it. 

ENJOY!



Have you taken time out for yourself lately? What do you do to relax and get centered? Share it with me in the comments. I'm always in search of ways to just "chill out" and breathe! Don't forget to subscribe! I wouldn't want you missing out on any posts. As always, thanks for reading. Stick around and catch up on posts you may have missed. Your support is appreciated!


Looking for another way to show your support? Well look no further! Click on my Top Mommy Blogger badge below to vote for me! Your vote counts! Just click and you're done. 
THANKS SO MUCH! Woo hoo!
Please click! A visit a day boosts my blog ranking at Top Mommy Blogs - The Best Mommy Blog Directory Ever!

                                                                                            
                                                                                       

12 comments:

  1. You almost got the bird for tricking me but I like you. =) I do agree though. Always have to be grateful and appreciate the little things in life. I need to hear this after my hellish morning. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bwahahaha! I knew I'd get a bird from some direction. Or at least "almost." I do hope the rest of your day has been much better than it started! =)

      Delete
  2. I could totally use a day to myself, for myself. But, honestly, my sweet husband needs one more. Reading this post made me realize that. He works so hard for our family and he never stops, never complains. I'm going to give him a hug and a beer and a back rub when he gets home. Thanks Thriller Mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand what you mean! Our households run by a "team" effort if we're fortunate. And our men need attention and breaks just as we do. I hope your hubby enjoys his beer and back rub. I'm sure he'll appreciate that! =)

      Delete
  3. Ah... what a beautiful perspective to have!! YES! No matter what circumstances we are in- there is ALWAYS gratitude, if we take the time to BREATHE and LOOK at our lives with a thankful lens. Thank you for starting my day out with this positive launch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You!

      It makes me happy to know that I helped you start your day off with good energy! <3

      Delete
  4. It's too funny that you posted this today because I literally wrote about the same thing!
    Thanks for the reminder to SLOW DOWN and just BE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Great minds (or tired ones) think alike huh? Lol!

      Delete
  5. Love this!! Thanks for sharing this week on the #SHINEbloghop! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great advice! We all need to slow down once in a while and enjoy the ride. Thanks for dropping by the Mommy Needs a Time Out Linky party, we're pinning this post on our group board.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we do! It's vital.
      Thanks for having me and for stopping by! =)

      Delete